The Annual Miss Black Sacramento Scholarship Pageant is a production of Mentoring Black Sisters,
a non-profit, 501 ©3 organization
(Federal Tax Identification #27-2955277).
Every year since 1970, the Miss Black Sacramento Scholarship Pageant has spotlighted the achievements of and provided academic scholarships to African American women in the Sacramento community. Miss Black Sacramento winners boasts alumnae that include business executives, educators, professional entertainers, a medical doctor, an attorney, a nurse, an executive recruiter, numerous university graduates and women with advanced degrees. We are a scholarship competition pageant.
Become a Contestant
1. The pageant is open to any Black/African American natural born woman ages thirteen (13) to seventeen (17) and eighteen (18) to twenty-six (26). A contestant must be of appropriate age on or by pageant date, Sunday, October 2, 2022.
2. All contestants shall be single, never married and never have conceived a child.
3. Each contestant must possess a performing talent. (Don't worry, if we need to help you discover your talent, we will!).
4. A contestant must be attending or returning to school, a training program or other educational or professional training during the 2022– 2023 academic year — or show a certificate, diploma or other documentation of recent completion of such a program.
5. The Miss Black Sacramento Scholarship Pageant maintains a NO SMOKING policy and a NO Foul or Abusive language/behavior policy. No contestant may smoke at any event connected to the pageant and contestants are not allowed to engage in foul language or abusive behavior at any event connected to the pageant or while representing MBS.